Add depth to your teaching practice with one--or more--of these certificates.
These twelve-credit certificates are completed in four or five semesters.
Certificate credits are fully transferable into one of our MAED programs. Consult the director of the graduate program for details and limits.
- Computational Thinking - This certificate will prepare you to integrate computational thinking and coding into your general education curriculum. You will not only understand the existing free tools available to facilitate student interest and skills in computer science related things, you will see how computational thinking is already present in your content area specialty areas, grade level activities, and the broader cultural, economic, and political functions at large.
- Critical and Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy - Improve your ability to meet the needs of your culturally and racially diverse students. Each of the courses supports and promotes social justice, which is at the heart of culturally relevant pedagogical training and teaching.
- Digital Video - Learn to communicate in the most powerful and increasingly-ubiquitous medium of our time: Digital Video. Then blow your students’ minds by teaching them how to do the same. See what happens to student behavior when students are telling their own stories, in their own way.
- Literacy Leadership - Focus on developing leadership skills specific to literacy coaching, aligned with the International Literacy Association Standards for the Preparation of Literacy Professionals (2017), for those currently serving in leadership positions as well as those interested in literacy leadership.
- Special Education for the General Education Teacher - Prepare yourself to meet the diverse needs of your students. This certificate will directly address your ability to meet the needs of students with IEPs or 504s.
- STEM Certificate - Develop your confidence, competence and comfort in STEM instruction with courses in science, technology, engineering/math, and STEM integration.
- Technology Integration Certificate - Choose to focus on: academic technology integration, best practices to differentiate with technology, digital video skills, or maker spaces/computational thinking and coding.