Add depth to your teaching practice with one--or both--of these certificates.
These twelve credit certificates can be completed in two semesters, or taken over a longer period of time.
Certificate credits are fully transferable into one of our MAED programs. Consult the program director for details and limitations.
- Computational Thinking -- This certificate will prepare students to integrate computational thinking and coding into their general education curriculum.
- Critical and Culturally Sustaining Pedagogy -- This certificate improves teachers’ ability to meet the needs of their culturally and racially diverse students.
- Digital Video -- Learn to communicate in the most powerful and increasingly-ubiquitous medium of our time: Digital Video.
- Literacy Leadership -- This certificate will focus on developing leadership skills specific to literacy coaching, aligned with the International Literacy Association Standards for the Preparation of Literacy Professionals (2017), for those currently serving in leadership positions as well as those interested in literacy leadership.
- Technology Integration Certificate -- Choose to focus on: academic technology integration, best practices to differentiate with technology, digital video skills, or maker spaces/computational thinking and coding.
- Special Education for the General Education Teacher -- Practicing teachers prepare themselves to meet the diverse needs of their students by earning a certificate that will directly address their ability to meet the needs of students with IEPs or 504s.
- STEM Certificate Develop your confidence, competence and comfort in STEM instruction with courses in science, technology, engineering/math, and STEM integration.