Student Eligibility for Study Abroad
To be eligible for study abroad, students must meet the following requirements:
- Sophomore status (first-year students may take J-term programs)
- Good academic standing and at least an overall 2.5 GPA (some programs may have a higher GPA requirement)
- Good disciplinary standing, as determined by the dean of students
- Appropriate maturity, good judgment, and cultural sensitivity required for a successful experience abroad
- Goals for participating in study abroad are compatible with the goals and objectives of the program selected
It will be the decision of the director of global studies whether students have met these criteria for acceptance into a study abroad program. If denied acceptance for study abroad, students have the right to appeal that decision in writing to the Global Studies Advisory Committee. Decisions of that committee are final.