Admission to College for Adults: Associate, Bachelor's Degrees and Certificates

Admission into the College for Adults (CFA) to pursue a certificate, associate degree or bachelor’s degree is based on a holistic evaluation of each candidate's ability to succeed, based on the applicant's academic record.

To be considered for admission, each applicant must submit:

  • A completed application form.
  • Official transcripts sent directly from each college or university attended (whether or not credits were earned). 
  • If the applicant has not successfully completed 12 transferable college credits, official high school transcripts or General Education Development Test (GED) scores are required. 
  • If the applicant's first language is not English, the applicant will be required to submit the results of either the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery Test (MELAB), the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or St. Catherin University English Language Test. 
  • If the previous academic record indicates a low cumulative grade point average (GPA), poor performance in certain courses, or recent academic difficulty, the candidate may be asked to provide additional information. This may include additional transcripts, responses to written questions, or an interview.

Admission as a bachelor's or associate degree-seeking student does not guarantee progression into a particular major. After enrolling as a degree-seeking student, students must meet the requirements for progression into major courses. For details, refer to the individual major sections of this catalog.