Institutional (Residency) Credit Requirement

Approved by:  University Curriculum and Policies Committee             

History:  N/A

Related Policies:  General Major Requirements | General Minor Requirements | Transfer of Credit

Related Forms, Procedures and References:

For Questions Contact:  Student's Academic Advisor

In order to graduate from the University, students must satisfy residency requirements related to total course work, major course work and minor course work, if applicable. Course work in residence is defined as all courses registered for and completed at St. Catherine University. In addition to courses taken on campus, this includes course work taken on an exchange basis (fall and spring semesters only) through the Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities (students enrolled in the College for Women only) and approved study abroad programs.

Credits earned through examination (IB, CLEP, AP, proficiency exams, etc.) or prior learning assessment are not considered in residence and therefore may not be used to satisfy the University's residency requirements. Credits earned from courses taken at other ACTC institutions during January term and in the summer do not count as resident credits.