AMS Early Childhood - Certificate
This program will build off of the previously gained Montessori teacher education that has been accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education (MACTE) for credit hours to obtain their Early Childhood Education Montessori AMS (American Montessori Society) certificate (2.5 - 6 years). The program will develop socially aware, critically informed and innovative Montessori teachers from around the country who will continue to effectively teach following Montessori philosophy combined with an awareness and skills in anti-bias and anti-racist (ABAR) teaching strategies.
The defining elements of the Montessori Early Childhood Certificate program are:
- Social Justice: We provide teacher candidates with the knowledge and skills to impact societal change through early childhood education and the Montessori philosophy.
- Personal Transformation: We guide teacher candidates to form a greater understanding of themselves, children, and the world, which includes, but is not limited to, recognizing bias in ourselves, classrooms, schools and other systems.
- Innovative Pedagogy: We equip teacher candidates with the individualized, teaching approach outlined by Dr. Maria Montessori that takes a developmental approach to preparing and early childhood education that is both inclusive and equitable in practice.,
- Holistic Teacher Education: We recognize the demands of teaching and learning, and believe that to be an effective teacher the mind, body, and spirit must be nurtured and supported.
- Community Engagement: We commit to serving in, learning from, and collaborating with diverse communities who share a common vision of educational equity.
|ECED 2400||Effective Practice in Early Childhood Education||4|
|ECED 4105||Early Childhood Practical Life and Dramatic Play||2|
|ECED 4155||Early Childhood Sensorial||2|
|ECED 4265||Creative Expression in Early Childhood||2|
|ECED 4275||Early Childhood Science||2|
|ECED 4365||Early Childhood Mathematics||2|
|ECED 4375||Early Childhood Language Arts and Reading||2|
|ECED 4385||Early Childhood Social and Cultural Studies||2|
|ECED XXXX||AMS Practicum I||3|
|ECED XXXX||AMS Practicum Seminar I||2|
|ECED XXXX||AMS Practicum II||2|
|ECED XXXX||AMS Practicum Seminar II||2|