Grade Changes

Approved by:  Office of Academic Advising | Office of the Registrar                 

History:  N/A                             

Related Policies:  Complaints, Petitions and Grievances

Related Forms, Procedures and References:  Petition for Grade Change form

For Questions Contact:  Office of the Registrar | 651.690.6531| Office of Academic Advising | 651.690.6803

Grade Changes  

University policy states that once a final grade is recorded, no changes are allowed. Exceptions are made if the grade change is due to a reporting, transcription or computational error or in extraordinary circumstances (i.e. circumstances that could not reasonably have been avoided). Changes may not be made on the basis of additional work completed by a student unless all members of the class had the option to submit additional work. If an instructor determines that a grade change is warranted, the instructor shall submit the online Request to Change Grade form located on Kateway. There is no deadline for submitting grade changes based on recording or computational errors.

Students who seek a grade change but have been denied by the instructor must abide by the process outlined on the Petition for Grade Change, located on the Office of the Registrar website, and must meet all deadlines.