Foundations of Leadership - Certificate
The Foundations of Leadership Certificate provides individuals with the foundational knowledge and skills to improve their organizational leadership abilities. It is comprised of three graduate-level courses for a total of nine credits.
As an offering within the Master of Arts in Organizational Leadership (MAOL) program, the certificate offers the same standard of excellence in coursework and service found throughout our graduate degree programs, and comprises nearly one-fourth of the credits required for the full master's degree.
Certificate participants will:
- Acquire knowledge and skills that are immediately applicable and lead to professional advancement.
- Develop increased self-confidence and ability to lead.
- Contribute to their organization through research and projects.
- Earn graduate credit without committing to a full degree program.
- Attain the Foundations of Leadership certificate from an accredited university.
|ORLD 6200||Foundations of Leadership and Ethics||3|
|ORLD 6300||Strategic Communication||3|
|ORLD 7500||Leading Organizational Change Projects||3|
The certificate classes begin in early September and continue through June in order to maximize tuition reimbursement for those students who are eligible for that benefit through their employer. Classes are offered in an online format. Each class includes eight synchronous class sessions (approximately one every other week).
Students enrolled in the foundations of leadership certificate program are not eligible for federal financial aid.