Associated Colleges of the Twin Cities (ACTC)
Approved by: Office of the Registrar | Office of Academic Advising
For Questions Contact: Office of the Registrar, St. Paul | 651.690.6531
As part of the Associate Colleges of the Twin Cities (ACTC), St. Catherine University offers its degree-seeking students enrolled in the College for Women the possibility of registering for courses at Augsburg University, Hamline University, Macalester College, and the University of St. Thomas. St. Catherine University students may cross-register through the ACTC subject to the following guidelines:
- Students must be registered for at least eight semester credits at St. Catherine University and their semester registration must total at least 12 credits, including the exchange credits.
- Only one course per semester may be taken on an exchange basis. Additional exchange courses are permitted as exceptions when required for the student's ACTC major.
- Students may not cross-register for a course that is offered on their own campus.
- For ACTC exchange courses in the major and minor, students must gain written approval of their home campus department chair.
- If a student does not register for an exchange course during the normal registration period, she may not add the course until the first day of class. She must also secure the instructor's signature on the ACTC cross-registration form.
- Students contemplating a major on another campus must discuss their plans with their academic advisor on their home campus. In particular, students should make sure their proposed major follows the guidelines established for majors at their home campus (including but not limited to minimum credit and grade requirements) and that they will be able to meet all other requirements (e.g., liberal arts core) at their home institution.
Courses available through the ACTC are listed on each institution's website. Links to the ACTC institutions' websites are included on St. Catherine University's Office of the Registrar website. The ACTC exchange operates only during the fall and spring semesters and not during January term or the summer.