Grade Change Petition

Approved by: Office of Academic Advising | Office of the Registrar

History: N/A

Related Policies: Grades and Academic Standing

Related Forms, Procedures and References: Petition for Grade Change form

For Questions Contact: Office of Academic Advising | 651.690.6803 |

The Petition for Grade Change form is used by students to petition the dean for a grade change. Before completing this form, the student's request for a grade change must have been denied by both her or his faculty member and department chair/program director.

A student may petition the dean for one or more of the following reasons: 1) Arbitrary evaluation; 2) Computational error; 3) Overlooked work; 4) Substantial failure of the instructor to follow the course syllabus or other announced grading policies.

The petition must be submitted no later than three months after the end of the term in which the student is seeking a grade change.