Grilling on Campus
Approved by: Department of Residence Life
Related Policies: Complaints and Grievance Process
Related Forms, Procedures and References: Residence Life website | My Housing
For Questions Contact: Department of Residence Life | 651.690.6617 | email@example.com
Permanently installed outdoor grills are available to the residential community. The rules for the usage of outdoor grills on university property are as follows:
- Only charcoal briquettes for outdoor grilling may be used. Charcoal briquettes shall be provided by the user.
- All grills shall be used in a generally accepted safe manner.
- Only charcoal lighter fluids designed for charcoal briquettes may be used.
- People using the grills must ensure the grills are supervised when in use.
- Embers and ash from the grills must be disposed of in an approved container after cooling. Students should not dump or leave hot embers unattended.
- All users shall leave the grills in a generally clean condition. Cleaning fees may be imposed on anyone leaving or returning grills in a soiled condition.
- People using the grills shall have a container of water nearby.